I first became aware of the work that Nine Red does when I started volunteering for the organisation in 2011 after graduating from University. I was quickly welcomed into the organisation to join the Abuse Victim Support Project (AVS) as a volunteer counsellor. After completing training, I was able to commence duties helping individuals that use the service delivering one to one support. I admired Nine Red’s approach to such intervention as they strongly believed that people should be able to access support for as long as they need and it should not be defined by deadlines or restricted by time. They have listened to the views of clients and designed the programme around these wants and needs.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)